Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Ladies in the Neighborhood Hang Out Here!

That's right - Rain or shine, Sylvia's garden is the Garden of Eden in Northeast Ohio.

This little lady stopped by today to lay some eggs.


Chelydra serpentina or Sternotherus odoratus?



Large female turtle hiding  after laying eggs in Northeast Ohio.The large snapping turtle was working on the next generation of turtlettes when I saw her this morning. By the time I got my camera, she "ran" for cover but I could still obtain two photographs from different angles. We'll just let here be and finish her motherly responsibilities. If you are curious, my first guess this species is a Chelydra serpentinaWhen she comes out from under the plant I will try and get a phootgraph of her size and shell coloration to determine to confirm species identification. Guess this means good luck for the garden if a wise old turtle chooses it for a nest.


No comments: